Activity 1

Prepare a chart of all the roles that you play as a member of your society, beginning from your family. Relate the kind of status that you occupy as per that role and what are the duties or privileges that you enjoy as a result of your status. Write an essay of about two pages on “My Role and Status in My Society”. Compare your essay with your peers at your study center and discuss the topic with your faculty.


My roles and status in my society:
Grand daughter
Niece
Sister
Sister-in-law
Friend
A pet owner
A entrepreneur
A citizen of this country
A student 
Daughter

I am a daughter of a couple who both work in the service sector and I hold the privilege of belonging to a middle class working family. I am an only child. I appreciate the privilege of having parents who support me and love me, who provide me with everything I want and need, who spend time with me and ask me about my feelings, they are my friends first and then my parents and I am grateful for the bond we share. My role as a daughter involves taking care of my parents, being there to help them and making them proud. As a daughter I also provide them with the support and love they provide me with. As their daughter I ensure that they stay happy and healthy. Status describes the position a person occupies in a particular setting. we all occupy several statues and play the roles that may be associated with them. When I am attending my dance class or college I am in the role of a student but, when I am at my grand parents house my role changes into that of a granddaughter. 
Roles and status are interrelated when our status change our role changes accordingly. I enjoy the privilege of being the youngest grandchild from my mothers side as my grandparents shower me with love when I visit them. I have the privilege of having very healthy grandparents who still play games with us. I enjoy the privilege of having a grandmother who is the best cook. I appreciate the privilege of having a grandfather who understands me and has evolved his thinking with time. I am also the youngest grandchild when it comes to my fathers side of the family. My fathers mother as in my second grandmother has played a vital role in my life. She has been there with me when my parents went for work. I embrace the privilege of having a grandmother who takes care of me and does not stop my mother from going for work. My role as a granddaughter involves keeping my grandparents happy and well. They have been support system to me and taught me many things. As a granddaughter I feel that I should also support them, take care of them and help them.
I have a big family at both sides my mothers and my fathers. I have many uncles, aunts and cousins. My role as a niece is to be respectful to my family, spend time with them and make them feel loved. I enjoy the privilege of having many cousins as I never feel left out at any family function. They are like friends to me and we share everything with each other. I am also grateful for having the best sister-in-law. She has become a sister of mine and we share the same interest of loving dogs. My role as a sister and a sister-in-law involves protecting my cousins and looking out for them, helping them in times and keeping them happy. I am a pet owner. I love the privilege of having a dog who loves me and my entire family. I have the privilege of having a family who allows me to bring him to family functions and gatherings. My responsibility as a pet owner involves taking care of my pet and ensuring that he feels safe and loved. My role also includes taking him for regular check ups and keeping him healthy and happy. 
As a student it is my responsibility to attend classes regularly and reach in time. My role also involves respecting my teachers and completing the work given by them in time, maintaining discipline in class and following the rules and regulations. As a entrepreneur or a small business owner I have the privilege of creating a successful business. My role as the owner involves keeping my customers satisfied and engage with them, introducing new products on regular basis and completing orders on time and making sure they reach the customer in time. As a entrepreneur it is my responsibility to get my business registered and completing all the necessary paperwork. 





Comments